Lawrence Zhu is a partner at AllBright Law Offices in Shanghai and Beijing. His areas of practice include corporate investment, securities and capital markets, mergers and acquisitions, corporate reorganization, real estate, and dispute resolution.
Mr. Zhu is experienced in providing whole-process legal services for investing inand financing enterprises and large-scale real property construction projects, including corporate acquisitions and reorganizations, joint-stock restructuring, public offering of corporate stocks, issuance of corporate bonds, restructuring and refinancing of listed companies, private equity investment as well as financing, construction, operation and the transfer of large real estate projects. He has provided legal services for the joint-stock restructuring of dozens of enterprises and successful listing of their stocks on Shanghai Stock Exchange or Shenzhen Stock Exchange, and assisted more than 10 Chinese enterprises go public in New York Stock Exchange and the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. Mr. Zhu is now legal counsel for dozens of listed companies and securities companies, and also serves as independent director for a number of listed companies.
Mr. Zhu has also engaged in legal services concerning domestic and cross-border mergers and acquisitions, covering such sectors as real estate, mining, new energy, biomedicines, information technology and cultural industry. In the field of real estate construction and investment, Mr. Zhu successfully handled the construction and operation of over 50 national development zones and industrial parks as well as the financing, operation and transaction of dozens of upscale office buildings, commercial and residential buildings and large-scale infrastructure. Mr. Zhu has ample experience leading legal teams to settle complicated disputes involving investment, securities, A transactions and financial products. He has led legal teams in various practice areas to deal with numerous significant commercial cases or arbitrations in terms of the amounts at issue or social influence, which were adjudicated or arbitrated in mainland China and other countries/regions like Hong Kong and Singapore.
Mr. Zhu previously worked at another Shanghai law firm and once served as Chinese legal counsel for the head office of an internationally renowned law firm.
Mr. Zhu obtained his LL.B. from the East China University of Political Science and Law in 1993 and received his LL.M. from Fudan University in 2001. Mr. Zhu currently serves as arbitrator of China International Economic and Trade Arbitration Commission and a member of CPPCC Pudong New Area Committee.
Mr. Zhu is a practicing lawyer in China. His working languages are Mandarin and English.
Transactions and Cases
- First Time! Recognition of the Mainland Liquidation by HK Court!
- Several Cases Involving AllBright Law Offices were Selected into the “Compilation of Selected Cases of Foreign Legal Services in Shanghai”
- AllBright advises Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical (Group) Co., Ltd. on its 2015 private placement of A Shares
- Lawyers of Allbright Law Office provided Full-scope Legal Service for Acquisition of Lorange Institute founded by CEIBS
- AllBright becomes Legal Advisor to Shanghai Health Commission
- AllBright Advises Fosun International on investment in Beijing Sanyuan Foods
- AllBright Advises Greenland on Medium Term Note Program at the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- AllBright Advises Greenland Hong Kong on Medium Term Note Program
- AllBright Advises Greenland Global on Senior Notes Issuance
- AllBright Advises Fosun International on Share Issuance
- AllBright Advises Chengtong Development on Credit Enhanced Bond Sale
- AllBright Advises Fosun Pharma on Issuance of Placing Shares
Please leave a message if you have any inquiries . Thanks！
Leave a Message(*):