Mr. Mao’s practice areas include corporate and M&A, cross-border investment, Internet and IT, and anti-trust.
Mr. Mao has extensive experience in advising foreign companies on their Chinese investments and operations. Mr. Mao assists many foreign clients in setting up foreign invested enterprises, and advises overseas companies in their mergers or acquisitions as well as in structuring and restructuring their China business. Mr. Mao also represents domestic companies in their negotiation with foreign counterparts on investments and commercial contracts. In addition, Mr. Mao advises on internet and IT, and anti-trust issues.
The industries of the clients he advises cover retailing, fashion, pharmaceuticals, food, traditional energy, new energy, chemical and manufacturing.
- Mergers and acquisitions, corporate:
- ■advising a sino-foreign pharmaceutical firm in its acquisition of an antineoplastic API manufacturer in Jiangsu province and an upstream pharmaceutical intermediates manufacturer in Jiangsu province;
- ■advising a venture capital in its legal due diligence investigation for its series A investment transaction with a medical equipment (IVD reagent) manufacturer, a biotechnology firm in Guangzhou;
- ■advising a Shanghai based pharmaceutical firm on its acquisition of the marketing authorizations for China and other designated markets related to a brand name drug from a Europe based multinational pharmaceutical corporation;
- ■advising a multinational pharmaceutical corporation on its acquisition of a domestic health care company in Guangdong;
- ■advising an educational company engaged in primary and intermediate level after-class coaching programs on its series B financing of USD 15 million;
- ■advising a capital venture on its subscription of increased capital of a Shanghai-based chemical company and on its subsequent exit from the same company after a couple of years;
- ■advising a capital venture on its subscription of increased capital of a Hunan-based alcohol company with the investment amount of RMB 180 million;
- ■advising a large US private equity firm on its global acquisition of a multinational’s packaging business through its portfolio packaging subsidiary;
- ■advising an international designer and manufacturer of floors and ceilings on its restructuring of its China operations and on its daily business;
- ■advising Suntech Power, a leading global clean energy company, on its investment transactions in China;
- ■advising a state-owned enterprise in the aviation industry regarding its proposed joint venture with a Fortune 500 company in order to supply parts to manufacture the COMAC C919 (China’s first large commercial jetliner project);
- ■advising a US listed company, an integrated circuit manufacturer, on a contemplated cross-border acquisition by a PRC state-owned company;
- ■advising SK Networks (a Fortune 500 company) in its deal diligence and equity acquisition of a domestic chemical enterprise; and
- ■advising a renowned European toy brand on its distribution business, e-commerce, license and other corporate matters in China;
- Internet and IT, and anti-trust:
- ■advising a sino-foreign joint venture automobile manufacturer on its cybersecurity and personal data matters relating to its v2x business;
- ■advising a renowned global automotive parts manufacturer on compliance issue relating to foreign invested cloud computing business;
- ■advising a renowned global luxury brand in respect of the structure of its e-commerce platform;
- ■advising a renowned global toy brand on legal qualifications required for developing and operating a specific application;
- ■advising a renowned global toy brand on legal qualifications and compliance issue relating to development and operation of an online training platform;
- ■advising a Fortune 500 business on concentration of undertakings relating to establishment of a sino-foreign joint venture in China;
- ■advising on concentration of undertakings relating to a cross-border restructuring and acquisition project; and
- ■advising a renowned global toy brand on anti-trust issues relating to various types of distribution agreements.
Transactions and Cases
Please leave a message if you have any inquiries . Thanks！
Leave a Message(*):