Amy YE is a Ph. D. in law and senior partner of AllBright Law Offices. Her practice areas include cross-border investment & financing, Merger & Acquisition, dispute resolution, real estate/infrastructure, entertainment law, and ‘Free Trade Zone’ legal services, etc. Due to her rich experiences and excellent research capability in the forgoing fields, Dr. YE has provided legal services for a number of banks, financial institutions, and multinational and domestic enterprises in recent YEars.
Dr. YE has been providing long-term comprehensive legal services for the DBS Bank, relating to financial derivatives, real estate investment and financing, customs, taxation, dispute resolution, etc. She has provided legal services for the Master Kong Holdings Co. Ltd. in diverse fields, such as dispute resolution, right protection, commercial transaction consulting, intellectual property protection, etc. She has also served PepsiCo Investment (China) Ltd. with regard to dispute resolution and the protection of corporate rights. Dr. YE used to handle the disposal of assets of a state-owned listed company in Shanghai (including but not limited to the disposal of an industrial asset located in the central area of Shanghai, a foreign-related office building project, a project regarding the segregation of stock ownership/interests of a commercial complex, etc.), involving a total amount of 2 billion yuan. Moreover, Dr. YE provided legal services for property right (e.g. receivables and equity income rights) trust projects for a well-known trust company and a famous infrastructure construction group. She also served a central enterprise (listed in Hongkong) in a three-billion M&A project targeted at a certain real estate in Hainan province. Dr. YE used to provide legal services for a HK-listed company with respect to the disposal of its non-performing assets inside China. She offered adversary services（including but not limited to overseas financing and pre-listing tutoring）to a real estate developer and infrastructure enterprise registered in Hebei province, involving a total amount of 200 million US dollars. Dr. YE also provided comprehensive legal services for ‘Chinese enterprises going global’ in a project called ‘2015 Early Warning of Overseas Security Risks via Information Release’, for which the Shanghai Municipal Commission of Commerce sought a service provider by public tendering.
In addition, Dr. YE has deeply participated in and supported many of the major initiatives in the development of the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone (SHFTZ), such as providing professional advice throughout the establishment of the SHFTZ’s Overseas Investment Service Platform (www.shftz.cn), offering one of Asia’s leading private equity investment funds legal services which involved 100 million US dollars, and being interviewed by several mainstream media to interpret legal compliance, institutional reform and innovations in the SHFTZ. At present, Dr. YE also acts as an external legal counsel of the Bonded Area Administrative Committee.
- LL.B., East China University of Political Science and Law (cum laude) in 2001
- LL.M., Tsing Hua University in 2004
- S.J.D, East China University of Political Science and Law in 2010
- LL.M., William S. Richardson law school of US Hawaii University; Freeman Foundation Fellowship in 2008
- Dr. YE currently serves as as the Director of the FTZ Business Committee in Shanghai Bar Association.
- Since 2015, Dr. YE was engaged as a part-time Academic Advisor for Master Candidates of ECUPL (East China University of Political Science and Law). Dr. YE is also the guest professor to Law School of Beijing Foreign Studies University.
- Dr. YE is a part-time legal counsel of Bonded Area Administration of China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone Administration.
- Dr. YE also serves as a invited mediator of Professional People's Mediation Center in Pudong New Area, the board director of Shanghai alumni association of law school, Tsing Hua University, an honorary member of Hawaii State Bar Association International Section, and China coordinating manager of ‘Sino-US Young LawYErs Exchange Training Program’ by Luwan District government Shanghai.
- Dr. YE used to be an Independent Non-Executive Director of Automated Systems Holdings Limited (00771.HK).
Hornours and Awards
- Several cases conducted by Dr. YE were selected into the ‘Compilation of Selected Cases of Foreign Legal Services in Shanghai’ in 2019. Dr. YE ‘s Due Diligence Report was awarded the second prize in the second Shanghai lawYErs academic competition.
- Dr. YE has been selected by the All China LawYErs Association as a ‘Leading Foreign-Oriented LawYEr’ and a ‘Foreign-Oriented LawYEr’ by the Shanghai Bar Association in 2018.
- Dr. YE was awarded the ‘Shanghai May Fourth Youth Medal’ in 2018 and recognized as one of the ‘Top Ten Outstanding Youths of Lujiazui’ in 2017. The ‘Asian Legal Business’ journal (ALB) recognized Dr. YE as the ‘Best Female LawYEr in China’ in 2016. Dr. YE has received many other honors and awards, such as the ‘Shanghai Youth Gold Talent 2015’, the 6th ‘Top Ten Outstanding Youth LawYErs in Pudong New Area 2015’, the second prize in the first Shanghai lawYErs academic competition in 2014 and the 6th ‘Top Ten Excellent Youth LawYErs of Shanghai 2018’ award nomination.
- In 2011, Dr. YE had her most important monograph published, which is titled as ‘Conflict and Balance: The Power and Rights in Land Expropriation’ and published by the Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences Press. This monograph won second prize in the Shanghai LawYErs Academic Competition organized by the Shanghai Bar Association in 2014. Dr. YE also participated in the writing of a book titled as ‘The History of Foreign Legal Systems’ and the translation of ‘Leadership Development Handbook’.
- Dr. YE is also the chief editor of a Chinese translation of an American monograph titled as ‘Understanding the Business of Entertainment Law（ Author: Gregory Bernstein）’, and this Chinese version is about to be published in 2020.
- Chinese food producers to comply with US FDA routine inspections
- Compliance of foreign investments in Chinese healthcare big data
- Another Two English articles were published in LexisNexis, a globally famous database: ‘An Analysis of the Conflict in Chinese Property Law: Eminent Domain Powers versus Real Property Rights’ and ‘An Analysis of Conflicts Between Land Zoning Power and Land Development Right in China’.
- Compliance for FTZ companies operating outside the zone
- In 2010, Dr. YE published several articles, including ‘Can Economic Development Still Justify Commonweal Expropriation? : New Development of Commonweal Expropriation in the US after the Kelo Case’, ‘Identifying the Role of A Land Development Right in China’s Private Right System’, ‘How to Protect the Public’s Right to Know and the Right to Participate in Land Expropriation? From a Perspective of the Expropriation-Related Legal System in Georgia, USA’, ‘Research on Regulative Expropriation’，and ‘A Legal Analysis of the Power to Expropriate Properties’.
- In 2015, Dr. YE accepted an exclusive interview with the “Focus on Free Trade Zone” section of the Eastern Finance and Economics Channel, presenting her professional opinions on Parallel Imported Automobiles Going Upstream Against the Current, and several articles were published in journals. For example, ‘A Legal Investigation on Parallel Imported Automobiles’ was partially published in Shanghai Voice of the Rule of Law.
Transactions and Cases
- ABL Hosted the 22nd Shanghai International Film Festival Forum
- Shanghai Theater Academy Hires ALLBRIGHT as its Legal Counsel
- Research Project Conducted by ALB was awarded Key Project of GAS
- Several Cases Involving AllBright Law Offices were Selected into the “Compilation of Selected Cases of Foreign Legal Services in Shanghai”
- Allbright Law Offices successfully held official sub forum of the 21st Shanghai International Film Festival
- AllBright was Engaged as a Special Legal Consultant of Shanghai Municipal Bureau of Housing
- Legal Opinions from AllBright on the Registration of Private Equity Managers Got Approved
- AllBright Held a Themed Forum for the 19th Shanghai International Film Festival
- AllBright Lawyer was Appointed as an Independent Non-Executive Director of Automated Systems Holdings Limited（00771.HK）
- AllBright Attorneys Attended the Exhibition of the 18th Shanghai International Film Festival
- AllBright Wins Bid to Advise on Shanghai Commerce Commission’s Chinese Corporations Going Abroad Project
- AllBright Advises on the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone Overseas Investment Services Platform
AllBright in Media
Please leave a message if you have any inquiries . Thanks！
Leave a Message(*):